I got this incredibly nice email from Glenn yesterday so I wanted to post his recipe and his motivational story for everyone! It was DELICIOUS!! Thanks, again, Glenn!!
GLENN’S CHEESECAKE DESSERT
I just wanted to say thank you for Dukanitout. It has truly been a lifesaver as I progress through my Dukan diet experience. Thus far, I have lost 39 pounds and have a few more to go before I take the momentous step into the consolidation phase. I have to say that there have been days where Dukanitout helped me to avoid a bout of bad eating (either by using one of the many recipes or through motivation gained from reading comments by other site visitors. Anyway, I have a great (and extremely easy) recipe that I adapted from something my mom used to make me as a kid that I absolutely loved. This very simple desert can be made in minutes, tastes great, and is very versatile. Mom used to spoon it into a graham cracker crust and make it as a pie but I make individual crustless servings and have removed all of the sugar. Here goes:
1/2 cup hot (near boiling) water, (divided in half if using two flavors)
1 8 oz block of fat free cream cheese
1 8 oz tub of sugar free Cool Whip
1 .3 oz package sugar free Jello, (Glenn loves lime, I used 1/2 package of both lemon and raspberry)
Stevia (optional-I didn’t use any)
It helps if you set out the cream cheese ahead of time to make sure it is good and soft (although 10 – 15 seconds in the microwave will do the trick).
- Place cream cheese in a mixing bowl, (or 1/2 the block in each of two bowls)
- Heat 1/2 cup water to boiling or near boiling (about 1 minute in the microwave will do the trick).
- Stir into the water, one package sugar free Jello (or 1/2 each into two separate bowls)
- Pour hot Jello mixture over cream cheese and whisk until uniform.
- Add Stevia to taste, (again, I didn’t use any)
- Fold in Cool Whip, or 1/2 the tub into each jello mixture)
- Spoon into cups and place in the refrigerator until firm.