Jessica, thank you for sharing this delicious dish with us! We loved the sauce on this one and only wished we had some bread to sop it all up! If I could make one suggestion for all the chicken dishes, I would tell you to cook them on the stove. None of the chicken dishes needed to be cooked as long as they were and the chicken tended to dry out a bit. It sure didn’t stop us from eating every bit though! Thanks again Jessica. This dish was the #1 chicken dish in the contest!
JESSICA’S VAMPIRE CHICKEN
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cans of of low sodium chicken broth ( reserve 1/2 of one can)
1/2 cup water
1 t dried cilantro
1 t dried thyme
1 t black pepper
1 onion diced
4 cloves of garlic sliced
3 bags of tofu noodles well rinsed
olive oil spray
1) rub a small amout of olive oil on crock pot or use a liner.
2) place the chicken in the bottom of crockpot.
3) cover chicken with onions,garlic, cilantro, black pepper, and thyme.
4) Pour in water and 1 1/2 cans of chicken broth.
5) Cover and cook on high for 4 hours.
6) About 30 mins prior to the chicken being done rinse tofu noodles well with water and stir them into the dish with the remaining chicken broth to heat up.
7) Serve with the noodles and fresh cilantro, thyme, or even a wedge of lime is great.